Content marketing is becoming a big player in the marketing world. It is the act of indirectly selling your products and services through educational and informative materials, such as blogs. Blogging is a great first step for those who want to take advantage of the benefits of content marketing. Whether you are new to this strategy or you want to make sure you’re covering all of your bases, take a look at our checklist!
- Make sure you have the right tools in place. Your blog should live directly on your website and your website should be on a search engine-optimized platform, such as WordPress!
- Determine who will write your posts. This can include you, employees, colleagues, or ghost writers.
- Decide how often you will publish a new blog. Consistency is important, whether it is daily, weekly, or even every two weeks.
- List out all of the topics you want to write about. Each blog doesn’t have to be high-level and generic, they can be customized to each of your targeted audiences and can
highlight how your products and services can be used in different ways. Also, see what current news is happening in your audience’s industries, you may be able to use current events to spark interest from your prospects.
- Distribute your blog posts through multiple marketing channels. You can share your blog posts through social media, email, or highlight them on your website’s homepage.
- Create content in various media forms, it doesn’t always have to be copy-driven. Audio clips, videos, and images can all be great ways to mix up your blog posts and keep everything fresh.
Once you accumulate a number of blog posts, remember that you can repurpose them! Combine a few related posts together to make an eBook, or reformat the content in a different media type.
Blog posts can easily be the fuel to your content marketing strategy, so give it a try today!